One of the most important steps in overcoming atelophobia is the patient’s recognition of this issue, and a will to overcome it. Although for some people therapy may be out of the question, a lot can be done from home by reading books.
The following books are recommended for anyone that suffers from anxiety, including atelophobia. These in particular stress the importance of not worrying and not letting anxiety and fear of imperfection get in the way of being productive. Their authors are well respected in their fields of study and these books are the result of a lot of research in the areas of productivity, anxiety, and psychology.
- Atelophobia – Overcoming the Fear of Imperfection
- Choke: What the Secrets of the Brain Reveal About Getting It Right When You Have To
- The War of Art: Break Through the Blocks and Win Your Inner Creative Battles
- Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity
- The Anxiety and Worry Workbook: The Cognitive Behavioral Solution
- Mindset: The New Psychology of Success
I hope that these books can open your mind and you can find ways to not let anxiety caused by atelophobia get in the way of your professional or personal life.